Drive for Performance with Rich Media Ad
Internet users whether on websites or mobile apps have now found static online advertising to be obnoxious, publishers are also looking for more ads to monetize their traffic, thereby putting the internet user in the awkward position to struggle between browsing through a website or mobile app and avoiding, closing or skipping ads. Some users have even gone to the extent of using ad blockers to ward off intruding adverts.
Of course, as an advertiser, you are advertising in an effort to either have your brand in the faces of your target audience, to have them engage with your ad and most of all to drive sales. But with internet users blocking away ads your advertising goals become more and more difficult to achieve.
This is why we at Dochase adx are always trying to introduce innovative ad formats. The day-to-day advancement in our technology is empowering advertisers to be able to deploy impactful ad formats and leverage intelligent optimization.
Big or small, a lot of brands are getting familiar with rich media ads. This is because they’re interactive, effective, and deliver better engagement rates. So without getting into a paralysis of analysis, let’s take a trip together to discover what rich media ads are and how you can make the most of them.
Rich Media Ad is a digital ad term for an ad that includes advanced features like video, audio, or other elements that encourage viewers to interact and engage with the content. Rich media ads are dynamic in style and can respond as per the users’ on-screen / on-device movements. The intent is to make ads more interactive and deliver a better user experience.
Here are the characteristics of rich media ads:
- These ads are audio/video-driven and rich in their overall appearance.
- They’re expandible and respond as per user interaction, i.e., they are dynamic.
- They compliment flashy games and behaviorally targeted videos.
- The creative file size is usually greater than 200 KB.
- When the ad is clicked on it may lead to canvas size expansion, floating, or sound; not necessarily just advertiser’s landing page.
- Ad performance can be measured with multiple metrics for tracking user engagement.
Common types of Rich Media advertising will generally be in-page ads, out-of page ads and even in-stream ads.
- In-Page Ads – These types of in-page ads usually show up in various areas of a web page in the form of a rectangle or preset banner.
- Out-Of Page Ads – Examples include Floating Ads, Pop-Up Ads and Expandable Ads.
- In-Stream Ads – These are ads that involve either pre or post roll videos.
Rich Ads tend to be larger in file size and costs to create are generally higher, however, the many advantages, which are outlined below, make for a much more cost-effective online ad campaign:
- Higher interaction rate: Interactivity delivers significant uplifts in brand awareness, message association, and purchase intent, and can also allow for instant data capture. Advertisers can more effectively capture the attention of potential customers by prompting them to interact with the online ad and provide a more engaging experience.
- Rich Media ads are measurable and scalable: Typical banner ads allow advertisers to measure only impressions and click-throughs. Rich Media ads, on the other hand, can empower advertisers to track and measure a variety of important and often subtle browsing behaviors (for example, the number of users who viewed an embedded video, percentage of video viewed).
- Higher performance levels: Rich Media ads outperform standard and animated counterparts with increased conversion rates, click-through rates, and view-through rates. Research has shown that Rich Media advertising average click-through rates for Rich Media ads were approximately five times higher than click-through rates for non-rich Media ads. Thus consumers are more likely to take some kind of action after viewing a Rich Media ad compared to standard display ads.
- Brand awareness: Rich Media ads, including Flash and streaming ads, increase brand awareness for online advertisers better than other online ad formats.
- User experience: Rich Media ads do not force the user to leave the site, which means not having to interrupt what might be a pleasant online experience only to be taken elsewhere (a big reason why users are not clicking on ads). For publishers, this is positive since it keeps their site traffic around for a longer period of time.
As the competition is increasing, marketing experts have realized that it is hard to reach the target audience. Buyers are equally aware of this and are conducting their own buying research. Viewers tend to get annoyed when they are overloaded with various kinds of boring traditional ads, this results in a waste of both money and time. This is where Rich Media is regarded as a powerful tool, providing better performance compared to traditional ads.
Rich media ads can be measured. It allows advertisers to track and evaluate varieties of significant browsing behaviors. Also, it has a higher interaction rate. Advertisers can efficiently attract their target customers by promoting them to interact with the online ad and offering them with an engaging experience.
Rich media ads try to make marketing a pleasant experience through their advanced methods. It is one of the best methods to tell a customer about a brand and promoting it without leaving the page. It’s interactive and creative nature is being shared with an outstanding user response, therefore, creating brand awareness, improved call-to-action, and a better ROI.