It does not matter how much quality your products and services have, how much you spend on advertising, or how much you post to social media, your business isn’t likely to get very far if it does not have a brand. Your brand consists of your company name, logo, offerings, and content as an experience for your audience and customers. Your brand is the aspect of businesses that consumers come to trust, that places businesses ahead of their competitors.
Simply having a brand is not enough. It is important to be consistently building your brand and strengthening its associations in the minds of your target audience. Brand awareness is an ongoing effort for businesses both big and small.
Brand awareness is the degree of consumer awareness of a brand and its related products. Creating brand awareness is one of the key steps in promoting and marketing a product. Brand awareness is particularly important when launching new products and services. It allows a company to differentiate itself from competitor-offered products and services.
How it Works:
Products and services that maintain a high level of brand awareness are likely to generate more sales. For instance, the soft drink industry in which many soft drinks are indistinguishably similar. Companies such as Pepsi, Big-Cola and Coca-Cola use their brand to showcase their products and drive sales. Over the years, these companies have employed strategies to increase brand awareness among consumers, which have directly translated into higher sales. This higher rate of brand awareness typically serves as competitive advantage that prevents competitors from gaining additional market share.
Brand Recognition vs Brand Awareness
Brand recognition is the extent to which a consumer can correctly identify your brand based on visual indicators such as logo and colors. For example, if you see the Domino Pizza blue, red with white poka dots logo up ahead, before even making out the sign, you’d automatically recognize it as Domino Pizza.
Brand awareness takes brand recognition a step further. It involves recalling not only the business name, but also the general feeling of the business, information about its products and services, and other experiential details.
When a business has a level of brand awareness, their marketing and advertising campaigns mean something to their audience. They elicit feelings and emotions in the consumer.
Importance of Brand Awareness in Marketing
It is important to adopt brand awareness because with the vast amount of products options, having a differentiated message and an audience that can distinguish a company’s brand from its competitors is crucial. It can mean the difference between success and failure for a company.
Entire marketing campaigns can be constructed around promoting awareness of a brand. Spreading brand awareness is especially important during a company’s first few years, when they are trying to make a name for themselves.
When consumers are aware of the product a company offers, they will more likely go straight to that company if they need that product, instead of researching other places that they can acquire that product. Businesses with strong branding are viewed as accepted by the market. Therefore, they are trusted more by consumers who are looking to purchase a new product.
Benefits of Brand Awareness on Dochase Adx
- Instilling your brand in the minds of customers and prospects: Running your brand awareness campaign on Dochase Adx helps you to get the highest level of brand awareness which is the top of mind awareness. This is when clients think of your brand first when they need to make a purchase within your product category. You can build top of mind awareness through repeated exposure and consistent delivery of a good product or service over time. This is a huge advantage in the market when clients enter a buying situation and your brand immediately comes to mind first.
- Increased customer loyalty: Dochase Adx helps you increase brand loyalty by having your brand on top sites where your target customers can see it. If a client sees your brand out in the marketplace, and recognizes it, that familiarity creates a sense of security that your client has chosen a well-established company. Brand loyalty creates a certain level of security for businesses. Brand awareness plays a vital role in repeat client activity. In addition, Once a client has purchased from you, you can utilize tools such as promotions, newsletters, and satisfaction surveys to stay in touch. These simple actions can sustain brand awareness among your pool of existing clients.
- Brand equity building: Equity is the value of your brand beyond your physical assets like buildings and equipment. Developing a strong brand equity you have to develop a high level of brand awareness. Besides, The more people are aware of you and the stronger your reputation, the greater your overall brand value and profit potential.
- Extensive word-of-mouth marketing: Once your brand has achieved adequate awareness, a satisfied customer will tell another customer about your brand thereby increasing sales and even more awareness. Word of mouth in the market plays a strong role in helping your brand grow its client base and develop loyal relationships with top clients.
- Increased sales: When your target audience have recognized and are aware of the benefits that comes with purchasing and using your product or service, your sales automatically increases.
- Wider reach: Running your brand awareness on Dochase Adx helps you to reach as many potential customers as possible globally. Your brand will be all of the place at the end of your campaign.
When it comes to engaging brand awareness to grow your business right here in Nigeria and around the world, you can trust us at Dochase Adx for the best results.